Tuesday, 8 October 2013

The key to non-violence

"That's the key to non-violence. You do respond. You do fight back. But you use different methods and different tactics.

First of all I realised that my life was already in jeopardy but that's because I joined a movement. That was the condition under which I went to South Alabama. I knew that it was dangerous. I knew I could lose my life so I had already given my life, and once you have given your life then you are free because no one can take your life if you've given it already. So I was free to behave in the most loving, compassionate and human way.

So these are the tools of non-violence. This is how you fight back. You fight back not with the weapons of your opponents but you fight back with the weapons of love and non-violence." - Bernard Lafayette Jr
Post a Comment