Thursday, 13 August 2009

Thesis Update

I know that it's poor form to spill too much about a thesis prior to submitting it for assessment, but on the off chance that one of you is interested in the progress, I'll share the following.

By word count, it's about three quarters complete. Only the final chapter and the conclusion remain.

By content, I think I've managed to distill the essential elements of Kierkegaard's text and Badiou's text into something manageable within the scope of the project. I also think I've managed to put the two adjacent to each other and let Badiou add to Kierkegaard. I only hope that I've not simply stated the bleedin' obvious, but that I've been able to add some small token to Kierkegaardian scholarship.

The answer to that riddle, however, remains to be seen.
Post a Comment